Read & Sign
AWARE Fish ID
"What was that fish?" Take this course to learn the answer!
Specialty courses enable divers to hone their skills and buoyancy control is so important to master.
During your PADI Fish Identification Diver Specialty course, you'll practice basic fish identification techniques then collect fish identification data for submission to the REEF Fish Survey Project. The course includes all the background you'll need to identify fish in your area, including:
- Information on Project AWARE and aquatic protection worldwide
- Characteristics of local fish families and species
- Fish survey techniques and strategies
- Fish identification dive planning, organization and procedures
- Fish ID Slideshow
- 2 Tank Shore Dive
- Use of any gear you need
- Briefing & Instruction
- Project AWARE Fish ID Specialty Certification Card
Students must provide their own Adventures in Diving textbook. This is available for purchase from Maui Dreams Dive Co. for a minimal fee.
- Meet at the shop at 7:00 AM.
- Read and fill out the entire Student Record File Folder.
- Read and sign the Student Agreement.
- Signed Diver Medical (if required).
- Read the AWARE Fish Identification chapter in the Adventures in Diving book and complete the knowledge reviews.
- Bring all of your materials to class.
- Divers must provide their own transportation to and from shop and dive sites.
- Be prepared to have fun!!!
- 48 hour Cancellation/Reschedule Policy.