Read & Sign
Don't miss a dive due to minor issues with your scuba diving equipment
Course Cost: $199 for Instruction and Gear Plus $61 for Digital Course Materials
Whether it's a missing o-ring, wetsuit tear or a broken fin strap, the PADI Equipment Specialist course teaches you to manage basic repairs and adjustments. You'll also learn more about how your gear works, making you more comfortable with it and better prepared to take care of your investment.
Times and Duration
- The eLearning component (completed before we meet at the shop) typically takes 2-4 hours to complete.
- The hands-on session will last for 4-6 hours
What to Expect
Prior to showing up for training, divers must complete the digital course materials, which are purchased separately through the training agency (PADI).
During the hands-on training with the instructor, divers can expect to develop practical knowledge of the theory, principles, and operation of diving equipment.
This course will also cover
- How to perform routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures.
- How to store equipment properly
- Simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations.
- Introduction to new equipment.
Certification means that divers will be able to:
- Decide which diving equipment maintenance procedures you can do and which should be left to professionals.
- Properly care for and maintain your diving equipment.
- Apply for the rating of Master Scuba Diver if you are a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and Rescue Diver with certifications in four other PADI Specialty ratings.
**This is not a repair technician course.**
- 10 Years Old
- Open Water Certification (or Junior Open Water)
All students participating in dive training are required to purchase and complete digital course materials.