TIME / DURATION
Read & Sign
Gain confidence and become a better dive buddy!
This class will mentally and physically prepare you to handle emergency situations that may occur at the surface or under the water. First though, you will learn how to prevent possible dive emergencies.
During your Rescue course, you will also learn how to recognize diving illnesses treatable by emergency oxygen, properly set up equipment, and administer emergency oxygen, thereby earning the Emergency Oxygen Provider certification too!
The cost of the class includes all rental gear, emergency rescue equipment for use after the course, Emergency Oxygen Provider manual and instruction for your Emergency First Response (CPR and First aid Course), Rescue Diver and Emergency Oxygen Provider certifications. Digital materials for Rescue Diver and Emergency First Response must be purchased separately.
**Note: If you hold current CPR and First Aid certifications, your course and materials costs will be reduced by approximately $100.00
Times and Duration
Times vary by class, but the schedule goes like this:
- Day 1: 8am - 4pm Complete EFR, and Emergency Oxygen training.
- Day 2: 7am - 1pm Skills training, practice, and scenarios in the ocean.
- Day 3: 7am - 11am Final scenarios accomplished in the ocean and then return to shop to complete certification. This day can go longer if there are items from Day 2 that need to be completed or practiced again.
The above listed schedule is a general outline. Times vary based on student skill level, weather, etc.
- 12 Years Old
- Advanced Open Water Certification
Note: These courses typically run three days in a row, but not always. If you need special dates (for example, weekends only), please contact us and we’ll make it happen for you.
- Read and complete the Continuing Education Document
- Read and sign the Student Agreement
- Signed Diver Medical (if required)
- Complete Rescue Diver eLearning
- Read the entire PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider Manual and complete the knowledge review
- If you already have current (issued within the past two years) First Aid/CPR certifications, bring those cards.
- Bring your Advanced Open Water certification card.
- Bring all of your materials to class each day.
- Divers must provide their own transportation to and from shop and dive sites.
- Be prepared to have fun!!!!
All students participating in dive training are required to purchase and complete Rescue and EFR Digital Course Materials and to complete a medical history questionnaire and may require a physician's release to participate in scuba diving. Please read the form at this link before booking. If you are booking additional divers, please share the link with them as well.
Ready to get started?